Today I want to focus on what my body does well rather than labouring over the failings of my hapless reproductive system.
So here is a little list:
- my teeth – thanks to braces in my teens, my teeth are straight, white and I have no fillings
- my hair – it is thick, shiny and a nice colour (brunette with a touch of auburn – hairdressers love it)
- I can get into the lotus position and do a headstand for 5o seconds – care of three years of ashtanga yoga; I am stronger, more fit and flexible than ever
- my eyebrows – are a nice shape and I never have to pluck them as they stopped growing years ago
- my skin – I’ve escaped wrinkles fairly well so far
- my bones – I have never had a fracture (touch wood!) and my limbs fingers and toes are all straight and true
- my auto-immune system – I hardly ever get sick (touch wood again)
- my digestive system – it never gives me trouble (still touching wood)
My body may not be good at reproducing but it’s great at a whole range of other stuff.
What about everyone else? I would love to hear what other people think are the best parts of their own bodies.